Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pizza with a Kick

My husband and I tend to order pizza delivery on Sundays (due to sheer laziness).  It arrives, we eat it and then feel terrible because it isn't the healthiest choice nor is it as good as anything homemade.  Last weekend I decided to kick it up a notch and make a homemade buffalo chicken pizza to please our palates.

It was super easy to make, turned out quite scrumptious and was far healthier than any pizza that is delivered to our house!

Sauce mixture, using olive oil, buffalo sauce and ranch.
A larger cut for the onion
The base.
...plus tons of cheese!
The finished product.


I'm not going to lie, one reason this was so easy to make was because I bought a premade crust as well as precooked chicken. For some reason convenience is key to me on Sundays and this just seemed like the way to go. I will definitely make this again, no matter what day of the week, and I'll stick to the precooked ingrediants!!

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Precooked pizza crust (I used thin crust)
Olive Oil (I used a three herb blend)
Buffalo sauce (I used Green Mill's)
Ranch dressing
Blue Cheese crumbles
Roast Chicken (precooked)
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan Cheese (shredded)

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Cut up the onion. Drizzle a thin layer of olive oil over the pizza crust (about 1T). Drizzle the buffalo sauce over the pizza crust (add as much sauce as you think you can handle, being sure to fully cover the pizza crust). Drizzle Ranch dressing over the pizza crust. Use a spatula to evenly spread the sauces over the pizza crust. Pull the chicken and sprinkle over the pizza crust, do this also with the onion and blue cheese crumbles. Last, cover with mozzarella and sprinkle parmesan on the top. Place in the oven for roughly 10 minutes. Take out of the oven when the pizza is cooked to your liking and enjoy. We used ranch to dip it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment